Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thanks, Pinterest

for the inspiration for another project!

Take a frame (half price this past weekend at Hobby Lobby) and cut out old used maps
of places that are dear to your heart.
I had plenty of maps - all so well loved they could barely be folded up again)

I chose maps for Algoma, WI; Beach Haven, NJ; Evanston, IL; Mission, SD; Webster Groves and Kansas City, MO... and voila!

An colorful wall piece reminding me of all my favorite places!
Obviously you can use as many maps of places as you want.

Total cost, for me, less than $12.00.

Memories it brings back when I look at it - priceless!


I think this would be a perfect wedding gift for a couple setting up residence in a new location... using their hometowns, where they went to college, where they met, were going to honeymoon, etc.

Hope I remember the idea for THAT version next time I need it... guess I'd better not erase it yet from my 'board'!

No comments: