Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Alchemy

I don't know how else to explain it.

As I was driving to work yesterday I realized that, during the whole two weeks on the island, I had not taken a single Bayer, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, nothing... not one OTC pain reliever - which, if you know me is significant!


Friends have suggested it's nothing more than different flora and fauna to which I am NOT allergic - and there's something to that explanation. If you live in our part of the Midwest, you don't need this map to tell you it's the Allergy Capital of the US!
But I'm thinking it's something more...
well, besides absolutely no stress beyond the decision of what kind of fresh fish to eat for dinner and where!

If it's NOT magic, how do you account for GI Joes stunt of 'sand gymnastics' 3 months after back surgery - and NOT coming home disabled!!




Once I ascertained that he still had feeling in his lower half...

 I did what ANY good mom would do and threatened to beat his ass if he tried it again!
Well, ok, so there was SOME stress but that's just the price of being in a family!
Can you say Adult AD/HD??

Island magic, I'm just sayin!


No comments: