Friday, September 21, 2012

Sometimes you’re the windshield,


sometimes you’re the bug.

Can someone explain to me WHY, when one appliance goes bad, there’s a vortex of brokenness that hovers over  your house and sucks other household apparati  (plural for apparatus, right?) up into the black hole of doom – and expense?

The minute I walked into the house after 2 weeks away, I heard the ice maker having a seizure in the kitchen and recycling every 30-45 seconds or so.

Keeping my diet cola at subzero temperatures is neither that important nor that tricky; it also shouldn’t consume the power designated for a small third world country.

But electrocuting myself isn’t appealing either and it was too much trouble to look up a YouTube video for disconnecting a 30 year old icemaker, so I decided to just let it keep misbehaving until it wore itself out. (Come to think of it, I think I might have made that parenting mistake as well!)

Just so you know, it didn’t work for my boys and it sure as hell hasn’t been a plan for my freezer.
Not only has it not burned itself out, I think it’s just getting pissed off and is recycling even faster now - but I'm trying not to personalize this whole deal!

My stove joined in the mutiny and the oven component stopped working.

For now, I can still use the burners and the broiler but baking or cooking is definitely out of the question. My finely tuned diagnostic skills tell me it’s the electronic ignition, but what do I know?


BTW - Microwave?
Yup, taking a rest and only functioning now as a huge black clock.

Tire – on a car not even a year old with 14,000 miles on it – flat as a friggin pancake! (OK, so it wasn’t part of the conspiracy as much as the screw I apparently drove over and embedded in it – but still!)


My fancy dancy pedometer that was keeping me on track, helping me get in 10,000 – 12,000 steps a day?

Yup, committed suicide by hopping off my pants outside Petsmart and getting run over by a passing car before I could retrieve it.


Oh, and the 'windshield referenced above...


Yup!

Sheeeet!

2 comments:

aimee said...

Rough week? When it rains it pours, right?

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're in such a rut, but honestly, I haven't laughed out loud at my computer like that for a long time. Hilarious post, hope your luck turns for the better.