Sunday, September 8, 2013

Things that made me smile this week...

Friends posts on Facebook about establishments 
for painting and drinking...
Sips and Splatters, Wet Spots etc...
I can just envision antique malls 
40 years from now 
filled with this crap...
this generations 'paint by number' kits!
Seriously, do people really hang this stuff in their homes?
~~~~~~~~~~
Meet what will become my new best friend.

I'm still learning all the bells and whistles
and trying not to be overwhelmed by the reality of it all...
for all her apparent heft,
'Ariel' weighs less than 4 lbs.
Here's hoping weighing her down by 20 more 
won't have me toppling backward on to the ground 
like a stranded tortoise!

And yes, I DID practice in the store 
with 25 lbs of weights in the pack...
but that was 10 minutes, flat surface,
walking through the aisles at Alpine Shop,
being distracted by all the other things 
I still need/want to buy...
not exactly the same as hundreds of miles over mixed terrain.

When you start putting your money where your mouth is...
it starts getting serious!
~~~~~~~~~~

This reminded me SO much of Art Boy
when he was little
that I posted it on his FB page...
sure he was delighted (not)!
~~~~~~~~~~

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the truth in this one!
~~~~~~~~~~
You can never go wrong with truth from 'StoryPeople'!
~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~
Clearly book editors need to think a bit harder
 about how a book title
and the authors name 
will work together!
~~~~~~~~~~

 Making plans for a trip to Iowa,
in the VERY near future,
 to see this munchkin!
 Can't wait!!

Hope your week's been good too!

No comments: