Thursday, September 4, 2014

Patience - and paint

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart 
and try to love the questions themselves... 
do not now seek answers which cannot be given to you, 
because you would not be able to live them. 

And the point is to live everything. 
Live the questions now. 
Perhaps you will gradually, 
without noticing it, 
live along some distant day 
into the answer."
Rainer Maria Rilke


I appreciate the reality that if I magically had the answer 
to what to do with the rest of my life,
I might not be able to live into the reality -
yet.

So, I'm taking my time to live with the uncertainty,
talking to trusted friends about possibilities
and filling out applications
that could change my life.

I also painted the small hallway between my bedrooms and the kitchen -
small because my whole house is small -
think 'cottage or 'bungalow' -
and I LOVE the results!

What used to be dark green is now sunny yellow -
and it makes the piece of furniture and art work just 'pop'!
I've also been down to the Floodwalls 
to see the result of the latest 'Paint St Louis".

I love the Floodwalls.
I've shown you images before (here),
used them as backdrops for friends celebrating a pregnancy







and seen them used for my sons wedding.
So my hopes were high when I headed down yesterday.
Sad to say, those hopes were dashed.

There was color,
there were figures -
but the sense of fun and humor was missing.

The paintings seemed to ALL be done by perpetually adolescent artists,
I suspect all male!









 It seemed to be more about getting their names out
than about the art.



I can only hope that the graffiti artists who will paint over these -
and you know they will -
have a more developed sense of fun!

Oh well, 
there's always next year...
I just have to be patient!

No comments: