Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ghost of Christmas Future?

If you remember this post, then you won’t be surprised to hear that I had another dream that gave me pause.

I was walking down a path, quite content with my lot in life when I saw a figure in the distance – and recognized it instantly as someone I once had deep feelings for… Steve, the man who was my oldest sons Godfather.

Within seconds, I ran ahead to join him and was warmly embraced; it felt SO good to see him again and he clearly felt the same way.

I heard him saying, I’ve been waiting for you; it’s been too long.

He looked wonderful.
He was an attractive, vibrant man but had always been self conscious about a few superficial facial scars from acne he’d suffered as a teen - back in the day before medication was readily available to control it.

I recognized instantly that whatever skin imperfections he’d worried about before were completely gone.

When I commented on how good he looked, he laughed - that wonderful deep chuckle that always resonated in my heart - and said all that doesn’t matter here; the outside doesn’t matter at all; you realize everyone is beautiful. We're all whole here.

In that instant, I remembered that Steve too has been dead for a very long time.

I was instantly awake – curious - and more than a bit apprehensive about what all these dreams have meant.

What evidence would you have of my reality beyond that of your senses?'

`I don't know,' said Scrooge.

`Why do you doubt your senses?'

`Because,' said Scrooge, `a little thing affects them. A slight disorder of the stomach makes them cheats. You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!'

Thank goodness, Steve wasn’t wearing chains and clanking about –

and his message was certainly more hopeful than the one Marley brought to Scrooge!

Still seeing dead people... and they're looking better than ever.

Can't decide if that's the good news - or the bad news!

No comments: