Friday, December 2, 2011

Worst Nativities EVER!

"If bad taste were a hanging offense, there'd be bodies hanging from every tree!"
Sylvester Stallone

Never dreamed I'd be quoting Rocky - or agreeing with him!

But then again, I'd never seen these...

A mermaid Nativity,

a tub toy Nativity,
fondant Holy Family,

Shotgun shell nativity

a fishbowl Jesus...really? (Trust me, I know it's a snow globe, but don't you expect Baby Jesus to sprout gills and go swimming after Nemo any second now?)

a zombie nativity - because all those zombies are devote Christians, right??

Does every nationality really need their own version?

Naked troll nativity - is that a nationality?


I KNOW cowboys aren't a nationality...

neither are snowmen!

And here come the animals!!

WHOO is in the stable??
grinning like idiots Joseph and Jesus, in an egg - with Mary smiling benignly...

Is this where the Christmas 'goose' tradition got started?

What hams!
Not a creature was stirring, not even a ...

chickens?
Foolish me, I couldn't figure out whether Veggie Tales should come under food or animals!
Penguins as J,M and J (you know...Jesus, Mary and Joseph).
Bears,
dogs and
cats, OH my!
Makes me want to hoke up a holy hair-ball!

And, if fondant wasn't enough for all you culinarily inclined folks...

Holy cupcakes!

'Meat' nativity - for all you carnivores!

Butter nativity - suppose it's 'whipped?'


come on... S/Mores?

marshmallows?


Santa bringing us the Nativity?
How magnanimous of him!

and while technically NOT a nativity, this tree top Jesus is about as ugly as it gets and has GOT to go!
Come on people, we can do better than these!!

1 comment:

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Oh my. Some of these are rather creepy are they not?
Geez. I stick with the one passed on from my Nana :)
xo, misha