Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Don't be lookin here for any resolutions!

Since I have more than a touch of ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), telling myself NOT to do something is a sure fire way of reinforcing the behavior.

Sometimes, visual reminders are far more important for me - and one spontaneously occurred the other day that is now printed and posted on the refrigerator.

It wasn't 'set-up' as motivation, art project or dietary aid...
just the lid I used, to cover the cheeseburger, to hold in the heat, to melt the cheese.
I took the lid off, with a strand remaining, ate a quick meal - went out and forgot about clean up until the next morning. (Yup, I'm one of THOSE people; don't judge. I'm just delighted not to add OCD to my list of alphabet disorders!)

It was while I was taking pictures and playing with my camera that it occurred to me - if this food substance was still UPRIGHT- like plastic - 10 hours after it was warm, what the hell was it doing in my arteries?

True, I keep my house cool (68 during the day and 62 @ night) but the cheese wasn't frozen in place!
(Anyone else remember that book from the 80's - Who moved my cheese? - well, the answer apparently is nothing and no one.)

All of which gets me back to resolutions and new beginnings...

Being overweight and unhealthy is hard. 

Losing weight and getting healthy is hard.

Pick your hard.

I gonna try to pick a different hard.


No comments: