Monday, February 6, 2012

Dreary winter day...

So, what else would you do but read the signs that pointed out of town...
(ok, by you, I mean me!)
and take a mini- road trip?

Tried a new technique, which I wouldn't advise for everyone, called "take your 'point and shoot', hold it up to the window and randomly take pictures without looking at the screen while driving 70+ mph.



Hey, it's not texting!

Do you see what I mean about dreary?

Guess where I was headed?

Actually, I had no idea, only a general direction (North) and the thought that I wouldn't drive for more than an hour...
funny how my car ALWAYS finds an antique mall when randomly driving around!

From dreary to cheery in one short hour!



for baby Republicans?


These cracked me up - really, was there ever a craft project uglier than this phase of crochet?


Thank goodness, we've moved beyond this form of washing clothes!

Loved this little wooden silhouette - and absolutely nowhere to put it!


You would have to be a die-hard IL native to 'honeymoon' at New Salem!!
Needless to say, this was an empty scrapbook!


Some antique scrap collage!
And this ALMOST came home with me (hey, it was only $2.00) but my collection of Slovenia devil folk art on a wood panel was already complete!

And this little bunny simply looks pissed being left to hang out there in the breeze!

While I bought absolutely none of the items pictured here, they all made me smile and that was the whole purpose of the trip, so Mission accomplished!

How do YOU spend a dreary day?


No comments: