Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A thin place

My mom died early yesterday morning... after a long struggle with Alzheimer's.

The Celtic tradition refers to these times as 'thin places' - where the boundaries of time and space are muted, permeable and blurred, almost indistinguishable the one from the other.

I think this shot (from the moving car over the weekend) captures both that soft sense of 'thinness' and the hard reality of where I am.

I'm taking a break from this space, so I can be more fully present in the spaces in which I find myself now.

Peace, my friends.

5 comments:

christina said...

i am so sorry for your loss. i will pray for you and your family.
xo

Donna said...

Thanks, Christina; that would be lovely.

aimee said...

You are in my thoughts. It seems like only yesterday that I was standing in that "thin place". Take time for you, Donna.

Cupcake Murphy said...

I'm thinking of you and lifting you and your mom up in my heart. Hang in there.

Donna said...

Thanks, Aimee. I know you know...and, it helps.

Thank you, Cupcake!
Makes me happy just writing that!

Donna