Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm besotted

I won't deny it.

And, even though I know it can't last,

I'm determined to enjoy
all the fleeting beauty I can
while they're here.


Just glancing around the house
and seeing them
has lifted my heart...


and makes my camera
VERY happy!

I'm heeding friends advice and taking it easy

OK,
except for listening to the news
which I should never do
unless I want my blood pressure
to reach stroke level
and, except for going to work
which has the same effect...

come to think of it,
let me rephrase...
I'm doing the best I can !

But I can do better,
so

I'm headed 'up North'
to be with extended family -
my real family -

the brother I inherited
when I married,
his wife, my true sister,
and their 6 children...
and their children,

ones who have been there,
through disagreements,
divorce
and
deaths.

The ones whose love for me runs true and deep.

It will be going home - even if I never lived there.

I live in their hearts, they in mine,
and that makes it 'home'.

Trust me,
I know exactly how blessed I am
to have them!

I'll be back in a few days.

2 comments:

aimee said...

Enjoy your weekend, Donna. I know you need this.

Em said...

loved seeing you AD :)