Friday, August 31, 2012

Magpies -

those are the birds that are attracted to everything shiny and bright, aren't they?


That also describes GI Joe and my future DIL... that's why they love Las Vegas... and reality shows! Artificiality and glitter masquerading as real life. ("Not that there's anything wrong with that" as Jerry Seinfeld used to say!)


Seaside Heights, location of the show "Jersey Shore" is found one island North, and several realities away, from ours.

We made the pilgrimage and I'm glad we did since it instilled in them a new appreciation for all we have - and don't have - on LBI; in other words, it was true 'reality testing' that my words alone couldn't have done.


Having never watched the show myself I have no idea if these photos will mean anything to anyone else in 'my crowd' but here ya have it!. (I try to be culturally competent and I somehow can't help but know about Snooki, The Situation and J Wow - their parents must be SO proud! - so I'm guessing many of you are in the same category.)




Suffice it to say, it was a gorgeous beach day


perfect for walking on a boardwalk (if you have a self induced sunburn from lying on a beach and reading!).

There was good food (buffalo calamari),


money changed hands

and a good time was had by all!


It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Lesson learned.

No comments: