Thursday, August 23, 2012

Vacation!

Thanks to a good friend for sending along the perfect prayer for a vacation send off.

How blessed I am to have people in my life who realize the mixed feelings and weight of history I may have packed along with the beach towels and sunscreen.

May the sky of your vacation weeks be filled with reminders of your smallness.

As you wake with the first pink light, may you be open to the story of the day.

As you pack and drive and explore and settle in, 
may you remember that you are not alone.

And when the sun sinks low beneath the line of the bay, 
may you consider the day as it was 
and not as you wish it had been. 

Be honest to admit your disappointments, 
your regrets and your mistakes.

 But dare not carry those heavy burdens into your bed. 
Release them into the hands of God 
before you turn out your light.
 Believe He will weave 
redemption and healing 
into your soul even while you sleep.

Enjoy your vacation, friend.

Thanks; I know I will!
Next time I post, I'll be a Jersey Girl again!!

1 comment:

aimee said...

Enjoy! I am really enjoying keeping your office chair warm while you are away:)