Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend randomness

Having fun with my new toy...


now there's no excuse for not getting in my 10,000 steps every day!
For the past four days, I was getting in more than 12,000.
Can't say I wasn't semi-glad when Pearl seemed to be limping a little today which made me decide to take it a bit slower - at least while I'm walking her.

Do dogs take four times as many steps as humans since they have four feet?
If there's such a thing as 'dog distance', no wonder she needs a break - a day of rest!
~~~~~~~~~
I treated myself to a new picture frame from Story People - and the story feels perfect for all my recent ruminations about 'parents'.


Getting ready to go back East at the end of the month has got me thinking.

I believe we are born to the parents we are for very specific reasons.
They have things to teach us... for good or ill and, if we're lucky, pay attention and work hard, we may actually learn them.
We may even eventually thank them!

Truly hope that, with time, my kids will feel as magnanimous towards me and their dad - and forgive us all of our mistakes!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been looking through photo albums (remember those?) and have been haunted by memories and ghosts from the past!

Recently saw a picture of my nephew holding his new daughter - 


then ran across this photo of my sister, his mother.


OMG - some genes are pretty damn strong!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found some artwork of my kids amidst all the pictures.

My favorite was this one of GI Joe's; done when he was in preschool (age 3)...

When asked to tell me about it, he said "It's the wild thing that lives inside me".

Anyone NOT a believer in Rorschach tests??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Was asked by my sister in law to help her by finishing this piece of embroidery...will take it with me on vacation and see if my eyes hold out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally picked up my camera again and went outside for some play time.
Had absolutely NO motivation when it was consistently over 100 degrees!



Only the morning glories have survived the heat well; love how their throats seem to glow!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And, last but not least, to the person in charge of buying stickers for the ER, I came across this on the parking lot at the mall...


can we buy these, PLEASE!!

No comments: