Monday, May 20, 2013

Here's what I know:

* I'm being called away from the life I've known for over 30 years.

* As much as I've loved my job and believe I do it well, 
the conviction that this part of my life is over 
has only grown stronger
since returning from Scotland.

* I will be retiring early next year.
and not the five years from now I had initially planned.

Here's what I don't know:

* what I'll do next.

* Who I'll be without the adrenalin rush of the ER.

* How I'll ever find the strength to walk away.

* How I'll support myself.

Believing in the messenger and the message 
doesn't mean the receiver got it right - 


OK, here's a few more things I know:

* this is the scariest thing I've ever done.

* hearing Gods voice,
trusting it 
and 
acting on it
are very different things.

* my ideal 'next life' career would be 
working in a floral shop on Iona.

* sadly, there isn't one!

* I'm praying like mad
that there's a Plan B!

No comments: