Friday, May 31, 2013

Mantra... repeat after me...

I am more than a number, I am more than a number, I am more than a number...

sadly the second part of that phrase is - should we be doing a reality check -  I am also a mass of flesh composed of undeveloped muscle and fat!

Even my toe muscles are atrophied which is why I have bad balance!
(Who knew toes even HAD muscles?)

As part of my journey toward wellness, retirement, and the Camino, I've begun working with a personal trainer and a physical therapist - a team that apparently really appreciates a challenge!

We have 10 months to get my body ready to walk 500 miles - and to establish a baseline - I've been subjected to a number of instruments for measuring muscle mass, BMI, weight, pressure, tensile strength etc - - all of which have only reinforced how much I HATE numbers.

Suffice it say, I'm not where I should be... but 'the team' is in place to get me going in the right direction.

I'm on my way back - to both myself and the Camino!

This is NOT where I'll be by the time April rolls around... 
because, dammit, 
I really AM more than a set of numbers.

From my lips to Gods ear!

No comments: