Sunday, January 15, 2012

A good nights sleep ...

or maybe just a sign that I'm getting used to the schedule.

Anyway, after a week of being constrained by work, weather and, truth be told, mood, I woke up yesterday with energy and a need for a change of scenery.

For those that don't know, one of the guilty pleasures of living singly is not having to seek permission or coordinate schedules with anyone else and, within 30 minutes, I was out the door.



I left behind familiar landmarks and watched as miles flew by...




...straight to Area 51 - or as close as rural IL gets anyway!



Give me time poking around in an antique mall and I'm a happy camper.






even if the only thing I bought was a small watercolor botanical print.


Funny how, even with only a few days of cold weather and snow, thoughts immediately go to spring!

After seeing the mall from the highway for so many years, it was fun to finally satisfy my curiosity.


And, no, I didn't actually have any soft serve, the mall sells HUGE advertising items!

Still, all in all, a good day!
Even if there were WAAYY too many symbols of the Republican party to suit me!

2 comments:

debbiet620 said...

You were close to my neighborhood! Love the pink elephant, especially when it graced the front of the Coliseum Ballroom Antique Mall. I was on the road the day they moved it. Imagine the faces of the drivers as a pink elephant approached them on the highway :-)

Donna said...

That must have been quite a sight! I was trying to think of some way to have the spaceship in my backyard! Forget a gazebo...let's go sit in the ship!
What fun THAT could be!