Monday, January 9, 2012

Potpourri: In the bleak midwinter

Does anyone else get 'the blahs' putting away the Christmas bling?

I swear I love every season, but there's just something so pleasurable (and distracting?) about the glitter and variety of treasures that are out for so short a time.

A whole forest to be put away...

beloved figures, trudging back to a box..



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sad to say, there was 'crack bark' to console me...

May I just say, whoever created this is EVIL!

Deliciously but decidedly evil!!

5 ingredients that every woman craves - butter, sugar, chocolate chips, pretzels and sea salt.

I rue the day I found the recipe here - SO simple and easy to make... with stuff I KNOW you have laying around the kitchen already.

Valentines Day is just around the corner if you need an excuse!
Just sayin'!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I LOVE this picture of Art Boy in a recent magazine...

I rarely see him this serious - but would recognize the profile anywhere - with the omnipresent pencil behind his ear.
It's been there since he was 12!
Surprised it hasn't taken root yet!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went to the camera store earlier this week, with fear and trembling - one too many knocks off the table over the holidays rendered my camera unable to focus properly.
Close up was fine... it just couldn't focus on distance.
I was worried the whole thing needed to be sent back for re-calibration and repair.

Turns out it was the lens, not the camera body... and it was cheaper to buy a new lens than send it back so... goodbye $$$.

I have to admit, it's worth whatever it takes to get it back in my bag and available to me to use on a daily basis.

It's become another appendage - one which led to my favorite Christmas present.

A total vanity book - 80 favorite images of mine from my 'Project 365'.



What an indulgence - and so much fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not much else going on ...
no great thoughts; cases I'm not ready to talk about; news events I'd rather not pay any more attention to...

like I said, 'the blahs'.

It's enough, for the moment, to sit, look around and recognize that, even in the sparseness of post holidays, there's still quiet beauty.

No comments: