Saturday, January 14, 2012

You would have loved him...

his comment was the first thing to make me genuinely smile in days.

Assaulted by his mom because he wasn't cleaning his room fast enough, he was telling me how the cops came, took her away and put her in jail.

When I asked if she was still in jail, he said, "Write this down... her current whereabouts are...dun, dun, dun...unknown."

His 'dun, dun, dun' was perfectly on pitch and lyrically delivered.

I couldn't help but laugh at this 5 yr olds sense of humor; nor could I hold back my observation that he'd either seen too many episodes of Law and Order or heard lots of adults in his family talk about the situation!
He, and his grandfather, assured me it was a combination of both!

My interaction with him was not just a breath of fresh air blowing through my soul,

it helped re-introduce the concept of resiliency to my vocabulary.

It was a reminder I'd sorely needed.

No comments: