Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paper cuts

She was a sip in a world of big gulps.

Several years ago, I was sick of words...
in reports, in conversations, in my prayer life.

I had a desperate need, which I couldn't totally explain, of finding another way of expressing what I felt - so I turned to images.

I collect paper ephemera and old photographs, so it seemed a perfect idea
to combine both
in a new form of discipline.


She thought climbing out
of where they imprisoned her
would set her free...
it had only been the beginning.

Every Sunday for 4-5 years, I created a new collage.
I tried to reflect on the prevailing mood or struggle of the week
and have that mirrored in image and word.

The year I started, I titled the project 25 words or less,
the next year was A Bakers Dozen;
then The Power of One,
then You Don't Say...
reducing the number of words each time.

I recently came across the notebooks in which I stored the work -
and I must say, had a GREAT time looking at them!

She was not alone
in feeling alone.

It made me sorry I found 'blogging' and moved back to words.

There's a decided interior push to get back to using images...
I'm eager to get out the supplies
and have another go at it.

Anyway, for today, I decided to post some of the older images here.
When needed, I'll include the captions,
in case your eyes have gotten as bad as mine!

Oh please! One small 'dare' gone bad
now she was blamed for everything!


He 'popped' into her life
when she was resigned to being alone;
awakening old feelings and dreams.

He was a weasel.




A ship in the harbor is safe
but that's not why it was created.


She knew she was 'touched';she hoped it was the Spirit.

He loved that she truly knew him
except when he hated her for it.

She knew that too.


I've got the Blue Girl
livin in a Red State
blues.


It was obvious to him...
without changing the flight pattern,
they'd get nowhere.


Distance rendered him saint-likeShe was envious.
She was resentful.
She was here.



Destined to spend much of her life searching
for comfort money can't buy.

He was an odd duck

but his gaze pierced her soul with longing.

I'll probably post a few more tomorrow -
and then don't be surprised to see some periodically show up from here on out!
I NEED to do this again!

No comments: