Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Shower needed

Sometimes, there is just no 'cute' or 'funny' to retrieve from my days.


Do you know if you 'Google images' for a baby with a broken jaw, there are absolutely NO pictures?
That's how rare it is.

So I guess I'm sitting on a gold mine, because I have images in my office of exactly that:
a 2 month old with jaw fractures, rib fractures, head bleeds, torn frenulum and facial bruising.


Who the hell cold cocks a baby?

Luckily the parents didn't even bother to waste their breath - or our time - trying to come up with an explanation.

Nothing short of "there was a tornado and the ceiling collapsed on him" or "We were in a car accident and he went through the windshield" would have been believed anyway.

The statement that sent shivers down our spines?
Mom saying "she loved it when he cried; it made her feel like he needed her".


Maybe standing in the rain will wash away some of the lingering ugliness and slime I feel I brought home with me tonight.


There is beauty...there is beauty...there is beauty..

.there is goodness...there is goodness...

deep cleansing breath...

No comments: